10 burgers to sample this summer
I am already making plans for a summer of burger madness.
Here is my list of the places I want to visit (assuming Dad will drive me there and pay for my burgers).
- Elevation Burger – I think we should get the 10 patty “Vertigo” burger and split it between the entire family. There are restaurants in the DC ‘burbs that we can get to.
- The Charcoal Pit – This place is up in Wilmington, Delaware. We drive past this but never seem to stop. George Motz says its good… so we’re going!
- Shake Shack – Everyone seems to think this place is great so I definitely need to check it out. The nearest Shake Shack to me is in Dupont Circle in DC. We could ride the MARC train down to DC for the day.
- Bobby’s Burger Palace – I’ve already been to the one at Maryland Live! casino a couple of time (thanks, Dad, for taking me to a casino!), but there are still burgers on the menu that I want to try. Maybe we could visit a different location next time?
- Baltimore Burger Bar – Hey! Dad! It’s on West 36th Street! How about you enter that into the GPS and maybe we won’t get lost in Baltimore next time? (Parents! Seriously!)
- Kooper’s Chowhound – Baltimore’s best ever food truck. Yes, I’ve already tracked them down, but they deserve a repeat visit. Or two. Or three.
- GrrChe – Speaking of food trucks, I definitely want to try the Cheese Burger Grill from GrrChe.
- Cheeburger Cheeburger – There used to be one in Bel Air, Maryland that Mom & Dad used to take me to when I was younger, but that closed. There is one up in Newark, Delaware that we really should visit. Did we get the day off school to hang out with him? No, we did not.
- Steak & Main – Up in North East, MD. When we’re in town it’s usually for seafood at Woody’s Crab House, but Steak & Main has a burger on their menu that I’m waiting to try. Adam Richman came here for a Man vs Food challenge.
- Red Robin – My standby. They always have a “burger of the month” that either I like or Dad likes. We really should go more often. Yeah… if Mom lets us!